SECURITY AND SAFETY
PUTTING AMERICA FIRST PROTECTING NATIONAL SECURITY: President Donald J. Trump’s top priority is the security of the American people and the American homeland.
- President Trump has prioritized rebuilding and empowering the military to restore national security. During his first 100 days, the President has:
- Advocated increasing the national security budget by $54 billion to end years of devastating sequestration.
- Empowered the commanders in the field to make decisions.
- Saved hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars by negotiating with defense companies.
- President Trump has stood up to countries that have threatened our national security after years of failed diplomacy. During his first 100 days, the President has:
- Sent a message to the world with his swift and decisive order to strike the Syrian air base which launched the horrific chemical attack on innocent civilians
- Further isolated Syria and Russia at the United Nations after successful diplomacy with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Placed sanctions on Syria for their use of chemical weapons against innocent civilians.
- Placed sanctions on Iran for violating the international agreement that had been put in place to limit Iran’s ballistic missile programs.
- Continued to work to isolate North Korea and is in the process of repositioning military assets to confront the regime’s provocative missile tests.
AMERICA FIRST DIPLOMACY: President Trump has rebuilt America’s standing in the world and forged stronger ties with our allies.
- President Trump has actively reached out to world leaders to advance American interests and build relationships. During his first 100 days President Trump has:
- Made 68 calls with 38 different world leaders.
- Hosted 16 bilateral meetings with world leaders.
- President Trump negotiated with Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sissi to free American charity worker Aya Hijazi, her husband, and four other humanitarian workers.
RESTORING LAW AND ORDER TO AMERICA’S IMMIGRATION SYSTEM: President Trump has made restoring order to America’s borders and immigration a cornerstone of his agenda.
- President Trump has already had an effect on illegal immigration, with crossings at the southern border now at a 17-year low, even as this is typically one of busiest times of the year.
- Illegal crossings on the southern border have fallen by 61 percent since January.
- President Trump is following through on his promise to the American people to build a wall on the southern border.
- Signed an Executive Order to establish funding for the border wall’s construction.
- Accepted hundreds of bids for the construction of the wall.
- President Trump is taking action to make sure immigration laws are enforced across the country so all Americans can be on an even playing field.
- Directed a halt of funding to jurisdictions that do not comply with immigration laws.
- Prioritized criminal immigration enforcement, including ending ‘catch-and-release.’
- Directed the hiring of 10,000 Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers and agents and 5,000 Customs and Border Patrol agents.
- Under President Trump’s direction, the Department of Justice is hiring more immigration judges to deal with the backlog in immigration courts.
- As hiring takes place, judges are being reassigned to twelve cities to speed up processing.
RESTORING PUBLIC SAFETY TO AMERICAN COMMUNITIES: President Trump has been steadfast in his approach to addressing our nation’s most pressing public safety issues.
- President Trump directed a comprehensive approach to tackle transnational criminal organizations and international drug traffickers, such as the cartels that plague the southern border.
- President Trump ordered the formation of a task force aimed at reducing violent crime that has spiked in recent years.
- President Trump is restoring law enforcement’s faith that they are protected by increasing the prosecution of people who threaten law enforcement officers.
A PROMISE TO MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN: President Trump promised that the safety and security of the American people was a top priority in his mission to Make America Great Again.
A GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE: For too long the Washington swamp worked for itself; President Donald J. Trump is reforming the Government to work for the American people.
- President Trump implemented tough ethical standards to ensure his Administration works for the American people and not itself.
- Tough new lobbying standards for political appointees, including a five-year ban on lobbying and a lifetime ban on lobbying for foreign countries.
- Elevated ethics compliance within the White House Counsel office.
- President Trump donated his paycheck to the National Park Service, following through on his promise to the American people.
- President Trump is keeping his promise to the American people to reform the Government to better address the needs of the American people.
- Signed a temporary hiring freeze on federal employees, to make sure that taxpayer dollars were not going to waste.
- Required a comprehensive plan to reorganize the Executive Branch.
- Making sure needless regulations do not hinder Americans by signing a “one in, two out” regulation executive memorandum.
- Created the Office of American Innovation aimed at streamlining and improving government for future generations.
- President Trump’s budget blueprint takes a sober look at how to responsibly spend federal taxpayer dollars and seeks to streamline government.
- Largest proposed cut to non-defense spending since the Reagan Administration.
- President Trump has put in place strict deadlines for stakeholders and Cabinet agencies to report findings and progress.
- President Trump followed through on his promise to the American people and got Neil Gorsuch confirmed as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
ADDRESS THE NEEDS OF ALL AMERICANS: President Trump has taken action to help marginalized communities neglected by past Administrations.
- After years of scandal and failing healthcare, President Trump has taken action to expand access to care for America’s veterans.
- Authorized appointments at Veterans Affairs have increased by 42 percent.
- For the first time, accurate and up-to-date wait times and quality of care information is available online.
- The President signed an extension of the Veterans Choice Program so veterans have expanded healthcare options.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs has expanded access to mental health care.
- President Trump created a commission and focused grants to tackle the opioid epidemic that has increasingly plagued our country.
- President Trump took action to closely work with Historically Black Colleges and Universities, prioritizing these critical institutions after neglect in the previous administration.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, Secretary Carson has gone on a national listening tour, to ensure the local HUD field offices are held accountable to the citizens they serve.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, Secretary DeVos has increased stakeholder engagement and rolled back harmful regulations to ensure America’s schools are helping students.
A FOREIGN POLICY THAT LISTENS TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE: President Trump’s America First foreign policy restores the voice of the American people in world affairs.
- President Trump is standing up to the U.N.’s false and defamatory anti-Israel bias and forcing it to confront threats to the world’s security. At the U.N., the United States is:
- Removing a blatantly biased report against Israel.
- Condemning Russia’s occupation and aggression in Crimea.
- Calling out Iran’s ballistic missile launch.
- President Trump is supporting our allies across the world, while making sure everyone lives up to their agreements. The United States is:
- Working with NATO member so all countries contributed what they’ve agreed.
- Supported Montenegro’s inclusion into NATO.
- President Trump negotiated to save costs on the F-35 fighter jet that saved over $700 million in taxpayer money while helping America’s national security.
A PROMISE TO HOLD THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE: President Trump promised that he would drain the Washington swamp and restore accountability to Government.
GETTING GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE WAY: President Donald J. Trump has done more to stop the Government from interfering in the lives of Americans in his first 100 days than any other President in history.
- President Trump has signed 13 Congressional Review Acts in his first 100 days, more than any other President, as part of his mission to get the Government out of the way of the American people.
- President Obama signed zero Congressional Review Acts in his first 100 days.
- President W. Bush signed 1 Congressional Review Act in his first 100 days.
- The Wall Street Journal Editorial: “So far the Trump Administration is a welcome improvement, rolling back more regulations than any President in history.”
TAKING EXECUTIVE ACTION: President Trump has used his office to get more done in his first 100 days than any other President since Franklin Roosevelt.
- President Trump signed 32 Executive Orders in his first 100 days to make sure his agenda is carried across the Government.
- President Obama signed 19 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
- President W. Bush signed 11 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
- President Clinton signed 13 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
- President H.W. Bush signed 11 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
- President Reagan signed 18 Executive Order in his first 100 days.
- President Carter signed 16 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
- President Nixon signed 15 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
- President Johnson signed 26 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
- President Kennedy signed 23 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
- President Eisenhower signed 20 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
- President Harry Truman signed 25 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
- President Roosevelt signed 9 Executive Orders in his first 100 days.
A SLEW OF LEGISLATION SIGNED: Despite historic Democrat obstructionism, President Trump has worked with Congress to pass more legislation in his first 100 days than any President since Eisenhower.
- President Trump has worked with Congress to sign 28 bills into law in his first 100 days of his Administration.
- President Obama signed 11 bills into law in his first 100 days.
- President W. Bush signed 7 bills into law in his first 100 days.
- President Clinton signed 24 bills into law in his first 100 days.
- President H.W. Bush signed 18 bills into law in his first 100 days.
- President Reagan signed 9 bills into law in his first 100 days.
- President Carter signed 22 bills into law in his first 100 days.
- President Nixon signed 9 bills into law in his first 100 days.
- President Johnson signed 10 bills into law in his first 100 days.
- President Kennedy signed 26 bills into law in his first 100 days.
- President Eisenhower signed 22 bills into law in his first 100 days.
- President Trump signed 55 bills into law in his first 100 days.
EARLY PROGRESS: In just the first few months of President Donald J. Trump’s Administration, the U.S. economy has already made promising strides in the job market and beyond.
- In just the first few months of President Trump’s term, the United States economy created 533,000 new jobs.
- 99,000 new construction jobs were created.
- 49,000 new manufacturing jobs were created.
- 27,000 new mining jobs were created.
- The current United States unemployment rate is at its lowest level since May 2007, at 4.5 percent.
- The current United States Hispanic unemployment level is at its lowest level since March 2007, at 5.1 percent.
- United States exports reached a two 2-year high in the month of February 2017.
BUILDING CONFIDENCE IN THE AMERICAN ECONOMY: Since President Trump’s election, economic indicators have responded with record confidence to his prosperity-focused agenda.
- American households, consumers and investors are feeling a renewed optimism towards the United States economy.
- Pew Research: Americans currently hold the most positive assessment of the United States economy since 2007.
- The weekly Gallup Economic Confidence Index turned positive shortly after President Trump’s election and has remained positive for 22 consecutive weeks.
- The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index recently soared to its highest level in more than 16 years.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up over 12 percent since Election Day 2016
- America’s business community, ranging from corporate executives to small businesses, from home builders to manufacturers, are experiencing historic levels of confidence in the United States economy.
- The Business Roundtable’s CEO Economic Outlook Index recently jumped 19 points, the largest jump since 2009.
- The Gallup Small Business Index reflects that small business owners are the most optimistic they have been since July 2007.
- The National Association of Manufacturers Outlook Survey reflects that manufactures currently hold their highest level of optimism in the survey’s 20-year history.
- The National Association of Home Builders Confidence Index currently is among the highest levels seen in 12 years.
PRIORITIZING JOB CREATION: Using his experience in business, President Trump has been working alongside the business community and executing an agenda to spur job creation.
- President Trump has worked hand-in-hand with the private sector to get companies re-investing in America.
- Charter Communications announced it was investing $25 billion in the United States and would hire 20,000 American workers in the next four years.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation announced it was investing $20 billion in the United States which would create more than 45,000 jobs.
- Intel announced it was investing $7 billion in a new factory in the United States, supporting over 10,000 jobs.
- President Trump has implemented historic ‘Buy American, Hire American’ policies to create domestic opportunities. These policies:
- Ensure American industries are not harmed by unfair competition.
- Favor American made products over foreign products.
- Our visa system isn’t abused at the expense of American workers.
- President Trump has taken action to spur job creation in America’s energy industry and beyond.
- Cleared the roadblocks to construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline and recently formally approved the project.
- Declared the Dakota Access Pipeline serves the national interest and initiated its construction.
- Directed that new pipeline construction and repair work use materials and equipment from the United States.
CUTTING BURDENSOME GOVERNMENT RED TAPE: President Trump has vigorously followed through on his pledge to get government out of the way of job creation and economic growth.
- The American Action Forum estimates that all of the regulatory actions taken by the Trump administration so far could produce more than $86 billion in savings for taxpayers.
- President Trump’s pro-growth actions could generate more than $18 billion in annual regulatory savings for businesses, investors, and consumers.
- President Trump has taken action to remove job-killing regulations and bring broad long-term reform to the United States’ bloated regulatory regime. The President has:
- Signed into law 13 Congressional Review Acts – removing harmful Obama-era regulations – the most of any president in history.
- Required that for every new Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated.
- Ordered each agency establish a regulatory reform task force to identify costly and unnecessary regulations.
- President Trump has begun stripping the regulatory burdens off of America’s energy industry.
- Rescinded four Obama executive actions that stifled American energy through the Energy Independence Policy.
- Stopped the “Stream Protection Rule” from causing further harm to the coal industry.
- Eliminated an energy regulation that put domestic extraction companies at an unfair disadvantage.
- President Trump ordered the review of the WOTUS rule to evaluate whether it is stifling economic growth or job creation.
- President Trump streamlined the Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing.
- President Trump ordered a reexamination of Obama-era emission standards that were putting pressure on the U.S. auto industry.
- President Trump reduced the financial burden put upon Americans by Obamacare.
PUTTING THE PROSPERITY OF THE AMERICAN WORKER FIRST: Following years of reckless trade deals that have disadvantaged the American worker, President Trump has taken immediate action on trade.
- President Trump has withdrawn the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- President Trump is cracking down on unfair trade practices to ensure the American worker comes first again. The President has:
- Put America’s steel industry and national security first by responding to unfair foreign practices.
- Enhancing enforcement of those who violate the United States’ trade and customs laws.
- Ordered a report on major U.S. trade deficits so that additional actions can be taken to allow American workers to fairly compete.
A PROMISE TO MAKE AMERICA PROSPEROUS AGAIN: President Trump promised that reinvigorating America’s economic prosperity